Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Icelandic Horse Flu Update

Clouds and sunshine - dump view

I managed to get out of the house yesterday! I blew the deck and driveway clean and raked up a few piles of honey locust pods, and along with 3 bags I had left out on the driveway back on the 13th, took a full load to the yard waste facility. I also dumped the one pumpkin the squirrels had not yet demolished.

It was a sunny day, with beautiful clouds. It was a busy day at the dump--a small window of good weather. More snow has now once again refreshed the landscape overnight.

Returning late in the day as the gray clouds were tingeing pink. I was thankful to be out in the world again.

But I am not better! And nobody wants to be around a cougher, I woke up this morning with a stuffed head, a productive cough, still clinging to a roll of Cottonelle--this one retrieved from the husband, whose "Icelandic virus" never really progressed, like mine, to full-blown, so to speak.

It is a week now since that first raw patch in my throat appeared. If things weren't bad enough I now have developed a (tiny) cold sore on my upper lip! I found a tube of Abreva (that only expired two years ago) and applied it liberally.

I am not a happy camper! I am not yet ready for this kind of forced hibernation, but frankly, haven't missed that much. I did waste a ticket I bought myself to a comedy show at 20 Monroe Live, but it was a nasty night to be out. I should feel well enough for our book club Christmas party Sunday night. I even finished the *book!

*The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion

No comments:

Post a Comment