Wednesday, July 11, 2018

New Word for this July

I have traded HOT for DRY.

I know there are many things happening in the world and I am paying some attention to things besides the weather...

The World Cup is entering the final games and my guessing game has gone to pot. I have England winning today in the family on-line game.

Trump made his second SCOTUS pick this week. The new justice-to-be seems like a winner out of central casting--brilliant, personable, family man, church man--and still young, with a cherubic altar-boy face. He could serve 30 years! The libs are shuddering that the court could shift to a majority who actually interpret law rather than inventing it.

And the soccer team in Thailand has been rescued by Navy Seals from their flooded cave. We all needed a feel good real life drama!

However, even as the swamp of high dew point heat has drained from West Michigan (if not so much in D.C.) it was replaced with a hot dryness. Things have gone from moist to crisp, drippy to crunchy.

I see thunderstorms in the weekend forecast. I will take the humidity back, if it means a little rain!

I was at the church gardens for an hour last night, until 9:45 PM. It was peaceful and I don't see all the emerging weeds at night!

And I saw a recently opened Oriental lily growing tall through a Kousa dogwood shrub. I watered it profusely--it has some more blooms to produce!



But, yes--the word of the day is DRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment