I watered my pots late morning, just before the excessive heat warnings for the weekend began officially at 12 noon. The area weather map is all hot-pink.
I will hit two other properties briefly later in the day, adding some algaecide to the uncle's waterfall pond and watering some dry spots in the church garden.
It didn't feel so bad in the shade. But by the time I came inside, my t-shirt was drenched. The heat index is very high (the dew-point well over 70) and there is no evaporation. I do not go outside much when it is over 90 degrees! I am a pansy, not a rose! Or a tomato. They love the heat. A small first tomato is ripe on the potted plant labeled "4th of July."
Sitting comfortably now inside--bra-less in a tank top and barefoot, I am not suffering. I feel for those who are. I feel like even the birds are too hot to eat from the feeder I filled to the brim yesterday. Do they fly to catch a breeze, or does the expended energy just contribute to possible heat stroke? That would be my dilemma if I were a bird!
Some reports are that the heat index could reach 100 or even 110 degrees! That's insane! Inhumane!
Even though I am comfortable, I had a bowl of Breyer's butter pecan for lunch. It's the least I could do to beat the heat!
I know. Too many exclamation points...
That's what excessive heat does to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment