![]() |
| High of 37 for Easter Sunday! |
As you know, Easter can be in March or later in April, and whatever the weather, the old rule is that you lighten up for Easter, with shoes and coats and with brighter, even vivid spring colors.
Dressing my little girls up for Easter back in the day was always a daunting task ... all the shopping, plus the strain on the budget. And then checking the weather and whether they would freeze in their frilly frocks.
Rules (even unwritten or imagined) have changed (relaxed) in 30 years, but it still can be challenging to anticipate the weather for Easter in West Michigan.
Below is a weather chart for one recent March when I actually traveled to Florida on the day it was 87 degrees! That year Easter was on April 24. But in 2008 it fell on March 23. So even if spring weather were predictable in Michigan, the calendar date for Easter can be all over the map.
As I have previously referenced, I have been singing in the church choir lately. The rule for black bottoms and solid tops is more flexible for Easter. If people wish to wear their fancy Easter best, it is sometimes allowed. I have a long sleeved dusty pink top as my default Easter wear. I hope to do a little shopping yet before Easter. So who knows.
On Words with Friends, I discovered just this week that peacocky is a word. Maybe I will go all peacocky for Easter!
But I will most likely stick with the dark bottoms and shoes rule--maybe even boots. Just look at the weather chart--a high of 37 and possible flurries! It will probably still be below freezing in the early morning when we gather to rehearse.
I am not stressing out over my wardrobe choices. I am getting too old for that.
And I would not wear a fancy spring dress anyway, even if I had one!


No comments:
Post a Comment