Thursday, March 29, 2018

Some Days Bad Stuff Happens

I am reeling from recent very bad news which involves a few extended family members.

Yesterday my brother informed me that his daughter's husband had passed after a long hospital stay. He was 33 years old. I did not know him personally (attending a wedding does not allow for much getting-to-know) but I do know that this is totally devastating to my brother's family. One can only try to imagine if it would happen in your own family...

Last week we were informed that a son adopted in Liberia years ago by my husband's older brother had lost his wife. Living part-time in Minnesota and part-time in Africa, she was bludgeoned to death by a robber. Again, while I know this adopted son, I do not know his wife.

A niece-in-law by adoption and a nephew-in-law--both essentially strangers to me. Two souls with a long life still ahead of them, taken too soon ... a terrible reminder of how precious life is. And how fragile.

I wish I knew better how to make more of each day I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment