Saturday, March 10, 2018

Spring Fling in the Big Apple

Postcard came in the mail ... now I'm going!

I'm getting a little excited...

We (yes, the husband, too) are booked to fly to NYC for a weekend, including a hotel in the financial district ... with the first night already planned. We just scored some cheap seats (report later) to see the Grand Rapids Symphony and Chorus perform in Carnegie Hall. How crazy is that?

M. suggested that the new Eataly is a short walk from our hotel, for a pre-concert dinner. I briefly scouted out this Eataly, which is on the third floor of building #4 of the World Trade Center complex, last November--and having a drink or a meal there became a new bucket list item. It opened in August of 2016, and is the second Eataly in NYC. It is beautiful, with some great views looking out  of its large windows.

The rest of the weekend is yet open. I will (try to) go along to get along, and relinquish any more bucket list items!

Yes, we are staying in FiDi. The kids have moved! To the 33rd floor ... with a bay view. So the trip is partly to see their new digs. I will miss the familiarity of their UES neighborhood, but look forward to becoming more familiar with lower Manhattan.

I can handle the dreary doldrums of this cold late-winter weather in West Michigan if I can look forward to some more fun in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment