Sunday, January 21, 2018

Florida "Vodka-blogging"

My window view tonight.

Today we took a three hour ride on a pontoon boat with the two of the husband's  sibs and their spouses, renting out of Bonita Springs, Florida. 

It was a beautiful, sunny day and the sky was sprinkled with fluffy clouds.

We packed sandwiches, Lays potato chips, potato salad, red grapes, yogurt and adult beverages into two Styrofoam coolers. We traveled as far as we were allowed through the waterways and to the edge of the vast gulf coast ocean.

After returning home I unpacked the coolers. Slightly dehydrated from the sun and sea breezes, I thought I would finish a leftover opened bottled water. I took a huge glug. To my surprise it was vodka, poured and packed by brother-in-law P. So I watered it down with a little OJ and decided I might as well finish it.

I felt hot from the sun and sleepy from the vodka. I couldn't seem to get comfortable enough for a late afternoon Sunday snooze, so I thought I would start this blog post. 

My head is woozy--but I am safely ensconced in this lovely rental house north of Naples--with a view through the lanai to the pond.

With images of egrets nesting in mangroves, leaping fish and playful dolphins and even a sea trout freshly caught still floating in my vodka-infused brain...

Well, let's say it is good to put my feet up and chill out for the evening ... maybe watch a little football.

Picked out this one for my dream house!
Dog headed for the dog beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment